HDb2380 provides eight channels of SD in 1RU and cuts cost per digital channel by two thirds.
By Tom LeBlanc
September 26, 2012
With this Hdbridge release, ZeeVee gives integrators a better opportunity to close the gap between analog and HD. “We also expect to see mixing and matching scenarios,” Rostcheck says, meaning that integrators can provide completely digital solutions for clients that include some HD channels through ZeeVee’s other modulators and some SD channels with the Hdb2380.
Meanwhile, the ZeeVee SD modulators include local and remote management functionality via the web, making them better fits for commercial environments than analog modulators.
There are also simplicity benefits for integrators. It’s easy to set up because it auto-tunes; encryption isn’t required because it’s not HD; it is, however, digital so integrators needn’t worry about TVs dropping analog tuners. ZeeVee calls its new SD modulator the “least expensive, most fully-functional choice for upgrading from analog to digital video.”
- Each HDb2380 is directly connected to 8 composite video sources and converts each source into a digital cable channel. Hundreds of channels can coexist simultaneously on the same coax cable, and are simply viewed by using the tuner built into every HDTV!
- Easy installation—simply unplug your old analog modulator and plug those same wires into your new digital modulator, and go.
- Direct connection to satellite or cable receivers—redistribute high-quality content on-premise or campus-wide.
- Composite Video and Analog Video—allow for simple connections.
- Coax wiring—easily integrate and balance into new or existing MATV/SMATV RF distribution systems to upgrade digital video.
- Simple configuration and remote management—Front panel LCD for easy channel viewing and LAN port for advanced remote configuration.
- Built to last—steel enclosure, rack mounting, robust internal power supply, and fan-cooled.
ZeeVee plans to begin shipping the Hdb2380 in October 2012.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.